Dedicated Spousal Support Attorney in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Southern California
In Beverly Hills, Southern California, our spousal support attorney at the Trugman Law Group APC provides clear representation regarding what one spouse will pay to another after the couple divorces. Also referred to as alimony, spousal support is a complex segment of marriage dissolution that requires a skilled Beverly Hills spousal support attorney to guide you through the process.
In Los Angeles County, Orange County, or Riverside County, the financial compensation one spouse receives from the other after a divorce is a direct correlation to their current standard of living – but the spousal support payment qualifications do not end there. Our Beverly Hills spousal support lawyer will explain the basics but must be clear that spousal support is a unique situation for each couple.
When the California Courts award spousal support to one half of a couple, it is the result of their marriage’s dissolution.
The only avenues to obtaining spousal support in California include a court filing for:
- Domestic violence restraining orders
- Legal separations
The California Legislature requires certain factors to be taken into account by the courts to determine spousal support calculations, the frequency of payments, and the overall duration of the payments.
Those factors include the:
- Ability to work and properly raise children at the same time
- Age and health of both spouses
- Career of one spouse was affected by childcare or unemployment
- Debts and property
- Earnings or earning capacity of each person to continue the standard of living established during the marriage
- Existence of domestic violence
- Help rendered in providing an education, training, professional license or career for the other spouse
- Length of the marriage
- Needs of each person, based on the standard of living they had during the marriage
- Tax impact of the support paid/received
Spousal support is an important part of a marriage’s dissolution in California. Temporary spousal support can begin before the pending court case is final. Once the final spousal support is determined, the long-term payment agreement will replace the temporary support.
How Can the Trugman Law Group APC Help Me Determine Spousal Support Benefits?
Spousal support in Southern California is not something that should be left to chance. If you are going through a divorce, do not count on your spouse to determine the amount of support you deserve. Our California laws are very clear on how to calculate spousal support, and our attorney will pursue the best financial outcome available for your circumstances.
Our Southern California spousal support attorney will provide:
- Accurate calculations of support payments based on the payor’s financial standing and ability to pay
- Proper arguments for the recipient’s overall spousal support needs
- Determinations on how long the support will last
- Fully prepared and filed court forms
- Temporary and long-term spousal support requests
- Complete legal representation inside and outside of the courtroom until the spousal support process is complete
At Trugman Law Group APC, we will communicate directly with your spouse and their spousal support lawyer, if you prefer to only speak with our law firm – instead of talking directly with your spouse. We will fully handle each detail of the case, so you can begin looking forward – instead of dealing with the stress of the legal details.
What If I Have Been Awarded Spousal Support and Am Not Receiving Payments?
If you have been awarded spousal support in Southern California and your spouse, or ex-spouse, is capable, but not making the necessary payments, s/he may be held in contempt of court. Contact our Beverly Hills spousal support law firm immediately if payments are not made on time, are skipped, or going unpaid completely.
Spousal support is determined by the California Family Court, and when the court order is violated, our Beverly Hills spousal support lawyer will pursue the mandate immediately.
If the spousal support payor is missing payments s/he is subject to:
- Wage garnishment
- Contempt of court
- Possible jail time, when all attempts to collect have failed
By law, 10% interest will be applied per year on any outstanding balance of spousal support payments. This interest penalty is not reviewable by a judge and is mandated by law.
Contact Our Beverly Hills, Southern California Spousal Support Attorney at Trugman Law Group APC
If you are going through a divorce and are seeking answers regarding spousal support, contact our Beverly Hills, Southern California spousal support attorney at the Trugman Law Group APC today at (310) 273-8834 to get the answers you need during a confidential consultation. If you have been awarded spousal support and are not receiving payments as outlined in your court-ordered agreement, our Beverly Hills spousal support lawyer will help you pursue the payor for the full past due amount and hold them accountable for any diversion from the agreed upon terms. Contact us today to understand your Southern California spousal support rights, so you are receiving the financial benefits you deserve.